Medication Administration



The Pennsylvania Department Of Health is now requiring that all medications administered in the school setting be treated as prescribed medications requiring both an order from a licensed prescriber and a written consent from a parent/guardian. This includes all over the counter oral medications, as well as topical lotions, sunscreens, and medications. For example: Antacids for stomach upset will need a parent permission form filled out along with a doctor's medication order.


The school nurse will no longer be able to distribute over the counter medications unless there is permission from the parent and an order from the doctor. All over the counter medications must be un-opened when submitted to the school nurse. All Prescribed medications must come in the pharmaceutical labelled bottle or box.


Students who require an Inhaler, EpiPen, Diabetic Medications, or Sunscreen may self carry and administer their medications as per the Department of Health.  Written permission from a Medical Physician, Parent, and Nurse are needed prior.  Please click on the Self carry links below for more information.




All health room forms are located at the bottom right corner of screen.   

Open File, Enable Editing and print document.


When opening the Medication consent, some signature lines are not transferring over.  Please print as is and complete the form.