• Respect the library materials
• Everything has a correct place (so we'll be able to find what we need)
• Always share (so we'll return things when they are due)
• Don‛t disturb others working in the library (so we'll all have a special place to read and work)
(In addition, all school rules apply in regards to proper behavior.)
· When library rules are broken, the following consequences will apply:
· Student will be asked to correct the behavior
· Oral warning will be issued
· Removal from the group activity
· Notification to classroom teacher
· Not allowed to checkout a book and a phone call to parents
· Referral to office
· Enter the library quietly.
· Line up at the circulation desk to check-in book.
· Go to your assigned seat.
· Raise your hand and wait to be called on before speaking.
· Keep hands, feet, and materials to yourself.
· Bring only your library book to the library
· Upon entering the library, line up at the circulation desk to return your book.
· Kindergarten & 1st grade students may check out one book each class.
· 2nd grade – 6th grade may check out 2 books each class.
· If an additional book is needed such as an Accelerated Reader or a class project, students may checkout an additional book with permission from Mrs. Vogel-Davis.
· All books that are checked out are due back at the next library class.
· Students may renew a book if the book has not been
reserved for another student or teacher.
· Reference materials and magazines are not available for checkout and must be used within the library media center.
· Students who have overdue materials may not check out other materials until the overdue materials are returned. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Lost, Damaged, Overdue Books
· Lost Books
o All lost books must be paid for in full. The cost for each book is the cost of replacement.
· Damaged Books
o Any damaged book must be reported. All minor repairs will be made in the library at no cost to the student.
o If a book is damaged beyond the repair capabilities of the library, the student will be responsible for the replacement cost of the book.
· When a student is charged for a lost or damaged book, the student may not check out any materials until the charges are cleared from the account.
· If a charge for a lost or damaged book is not cleared by the end of the school year, it will be considered an obligation.